Geelong Cup 2018 Betting
Horse racing has been an integral part of betting for almost two centuries, first gaining popularity in Victorian England before spreading to the colonies, such as Australia and New Zealand. The various races and events found in these other countries quickly started to outshine most others from around the world, and today punters will find some of the most prestigious racing events in the world either in Australia and New Zealand. One of these events is the Geelong Cup race, which has gained massive popularity since it’s first introduction in 1872.
The Geelong Cup race is an Australian horse racing event held 13 days before the Melbourne Cup every year, which is also a public holiday within the town of Geelong. The Geelong Cup race is a thoroughbred race held over 2400 metres, and has a prize of up to $300000. While not quite as big an event as the Melbourne Cup, the Geelong Cup is still considered by many to be an unmissable race every year, and one of the hottest events for New Zealand punters.
Best Geelong Cup Betting Odds 2018
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||Deposit $50 Get $150|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||100% Match up to $501|| Bet now|
Types of Geelong Cup Bets
Every year, punters have their go at betting on the Geelong Cup, and like with most of these types of races, there are a number of different bets to choose from. Some of the most popular Geelong Cup bets available include the following:
- Win: This is the most common type of bet. The punter merely puts money down on the horse they believe will win the race.
- Place: A bet aimed more toward seasoned bettors, a place bet is where a punter wagers on where the horse will finish in the lineout. This takes slightly more experience and requires some knowledge of the horses and jockeys taking part in the race.
- Eachway: An eachway is a popular choice when it comes to Geelong Cup betting. This is a combination of win and place bets. Punters will collect winnings for the win and place bet if their chosen horse comes in first. If their horse instead comes in second or third, they will only receive the place payout.
These are just some of the more common types of bets that punters will most likely come across when browsing through sportsbooks covering Geelong Cup betting. The more advanced the bet, the more the punter risks, which also means a higher payout. Sportsbooks also give punters a breakdown of the Geelong Cup betting odds, helping them find a bet that suits them the best.
Geelong Cup Tips
Many New Zealand punters would agree that the key to winning at horse betting is through experience. The more time you spend betting, whether it’s winning or losing, the more you learn and the better equipped you are for the next season. With this in mind, there are some Geelong Cup tips that new players can learn to help give them an advantage for the coming event.
- Maintain a budget. This rule applies to every corner of gambling, and it’s possibly the most important of them all. Writing up a budget and sticking to it as closely as possible can help save money.
- Research. Learning the different races, how they work, the horses as well as the jockeys is the best way to gain an advantage.
- Always try and keep emotions aside when punting.
The Geelong Cup remains one of the best punting events in the world, and perfect for those new to the scene.